Community services is at the heart of what we do. Thanks to our extensive list of community resources and our experience with social support services, we offer referral services to residents in the United Counties of Prescott and Russell, Ottawa, and its surrounding communities. We also provide parenting education and support programs with the goal of strengthening parenting skills and promote child development, reduce stress, foster learning, children’s self image and physical activity as well as prevents future substance abuse and other behavior problems. We have therefore designed targeted training, mentoring and leadership programs with the goal of building resilience while establishing a foundation for success that persist through adolescent to adulthood.
Parenting education and support
Our family and parenting programs are tailored towards strengthening families and spans the early days of conception through birth to the age of 10. We explore the latest advances in research and best practices in child development to assist parents in child upbringing. Our individual and family fun-filled sessions are highly interactive, employs culturally appropriate approaches and uses role-playing, discussions, videos, learning games, and family projects to deliver activities that:
• strengthen parenting skills and promotes child development;
• reduces stress;
• promotes goal setting;
• facilitates child development;
• foster routines, family meals and food safety;
• prevents teen substance abuse and other behavior problems;
• promotes a healthy parent & child relationship;
• foster learning, children’s self image and physical activity
• encourages and enhances group support.
To schedule individual parenting session or join our group parenting workshop click here.
Youths represent the future, and they remain the centre of our activities. At CommeHome Social Services we recognize the challenges faced by black and other invisible minority youths as well as the immense potential that can be harnessed during the youthful developmental stages of life. We have therefore designed targeted training, mentoring and leadership programs with the goal of building resilience while establishing a foundation for success that will persist throughout adulthood. This include developing critical thinking skills, good character traits, entrepreneurial mindset, basic IT skills and exposure to high impact discipline to guide youth’s career path development.
• Youths leadership programs
• Course choices and career options (modeled from Canadian pre-college and university requirement that leads to different career options)
• Violence, bullying and abuse prevention among youths
• Drug and alcohol use
• Sexuality and adolescent health
To express interest and enroll in any of our youth programs click here.
CommeHome has established an extensive list of community resources and social support services that are available to residents in the United Counties of Prescott and Russell, Ottawa and its surrounding communities. We recognized the fact that we may not be in position to resolve all psychosocial issues and as a result we have accumulated an extensive list of available community resources and are honored serve as the principal gateway for referrals for community-based supports services and other resources in the community.
We recognized the importance of training, sharing knowledge and transferring skills. We continuously develop training materials that would promote a thriving community. Our current interest and themes include training and education materials on:
• trauma/depression and anxiety;
• domestic violence;
• workplace violence and harassment;
• Financial education/entrepreneurship/retirement planning;
• Youth leadership, violence, abuse and prevention’
• Sexuality and adolescent health;
• Evidence-based parenting.